Monday, December 21, 2009

What Am I Going To Do??

The snowstorm that blanketed Northern Virginia with over 20 inches of snow this past weekend is going to wreak havoc with my training regimen for a while.

I was driving to work this morning, scoping out the streets in search of something uncovered in icy slush so that I could go for a run this week. No such luck. The streets of Lansdowne are partially covered in ice, some side roads are down to one passable lane, and the temperatures at dawn are going to be in the low 20's anyway.

So it looks as if I'm off to the treadmill for the time being. Cross-training, I'm fine. I have my stair-stepper (which I used this morning) and my weight set in my basement gym, so I'll have to trudge over to the Potomac Club to use one of the treadmills.

I also got to wondering, how will this snow affect the Rotary Resolution 10K Run in Leesburg on New Year's morning? The course is about 75% cross-country (aka, trails), and I don't believe that 20+ inches of snow are going to miraculously melt in 10 days. And even if it did, the course would be a sloppy mess.

Packet pick-up is this weekend, so I assume the organizer will have some further details. But for now, it's working out like a lab rat for me. Thank goodness for my iPod.

No comments:

Post a Comment