Thursday, April 22, 2010

Ashburn Village 10K


I'm staying local with my latest race this coming Sunday, the "Ashburn Village 10K, 5K, and 1 Mile Fun Run", in neighboring Ashburn, VA. Proceeds from the races benefit the Ashburn Volunteer Fire Department.

This is a relatively small race; the 10K (as of this past Monday) had just 135 registered runners, and 21 in my age bracket. The course is generally flat, advertised as not having any inclines above 1% grade.

Since it's pretty much flat, My goal is to break a 9:00/mile pace; I'm hoping to run it in about 55 minutes, which translates to roughly an 8:52 pace. I ran an 8:41 pace in the 5-Miler I ran in early March, so maybe I'm sand-bagging a bit, especially with the flat course. But I've been struggling a bit with my tempo runs recently, so we shall see (although my neighborhood is quite hilly).

Should be a fun time, even though the weather may not cooperate. If you're in the neighborhood, look for me - I'll be wearing bib number 179.

No comments:

Post a Comment