Friday, March 19, 2010

The Waiting is The Hardest Part

I'm sitting in a hotel room in Arlington, VA, on the 12th floor, with a view of Georgetown. I picked up my race number and goodie bag from trhe DC Armory trhis afternoon, and now it's come down to simply waiting.

6 months ago, I ran my first-ever half marathon in Philadelphia. I got hurt mid-race, and really didn't enjoy it. Tomorrow will be different. I made it through 13 weeks of training injury-free, and I'm running the best I have in my life.

I can't wait for tomorrow.

The weather is supposed to be picture-perfect, and I'm loaded with optimism that I'm going to do well. I haven't had a feeling like this before any of my previous races. I've analyzed the course, decided where on the course I'm going to ingest my energy gels, when I'm going to draw back, and when I'm going to go for it.

I want this to be a good day, because this is my practice for the big day in September when I run with Team McGraw again in Philadelphia in the Rock and Roll Half Marathon (formerly the Philadelphia Distance Run).

So if I seem giddy, it's because I'm brimming with confidence.

It's gonna be a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment