Tuesday, December 8, 2009

My Introduction

I love to run. That much is certain. So now I've decided that I'm going to start a blog about my running exploits. I'll post about training days (good and bad), races I've run, equipment I'm buying or looking to buy, and basically anything else having to do with my running.

I'm addicted. I've been a runner for a little over 15 months now. I began on a whim, at a Labor Day picnic in 2008. I talked with a couple of guys about wanting to run a Turkey Trot, went out for a run the next day with one of the guys (we went 3.9 miles), and I've been hooked ever since. I've logged a lot of miles, suffered a few injuries, and ran a few races along the way.

I'm not particularly fast. My easy and long runs tend to be at a 10 minute plus per mile pace, and I run 5K's currently at just under a 9:00 mile pace. My first goal for 2010 is to run at an 8 minute per mile pace for a 5K.

One day, I'd like to possibly run (and finish) a marathon. My half-marathon experience this year was marred by a pulled calf muscle at mile 5, and I limped the last 8.1 or so miles. I was running at about a 9:45 clip when the injury occured, which, if I kept steady, translates to a finish time of about 2:07:45. I'll try another "Half Mary" in 2010 to see what I can do.

Enjoy the ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment